NCEES FE Exam is the first route to be a professional engineer. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is exam can be taken just after passing graduation or even you can take the exam during your study period based on your state licensing regulations. It is nationally recognized degree. So if you once completed you need to sit for the second time. This degree does not allow you to practice after completion. You need to pass PE Exam to practice and sign documents.
First of let me show you some basic information about NCEES FE Exam.
Basic Info on NCEES FE Exam can be summarized as follows-
- It is a 6-hour long exam where you need to answer 110 questions.
- The exam will be held at NCEES approved Pearson Vue Test Centers. (list of centers)
- Its a Computer Based Exam.
- The only book you can use is NCEES FE Reference Handbook(Get Now).
- You will get 25 minutes to break within the 6 hour CBT FE Exam
- An 8-minute tutorial will tell you what you can do and what you can not before starting the FE Exam.
Checklist for the Exam Day
- Take your passport/Govt. Issued ID Card-Better take both if possible(Do not bring student ID cards, students ID card is not permissible at any case)
- NCEES Approved Calculator (Calculator List)
- Eyeglasses(if you use)
- Light sweater/jacket(You may need them during the exam)