Author: James M. Anderson and Edward M. Mikhail
Paperback: 1200 pages
Publisher: MH; 7th edition (2013)
What Are The Best Aspects of This Book?
Are you in search of a book of surveying that covers almost everything on surveying with lucid and easy text? I am answering you, you have found what you are in search of and that book is Surveying: Theory and Practice by James M. Anderson(7th edition).
The 7th and latest edition of this book divided into two parts within 1200 pages. The first part contains Elementary surveying topics, where as the second part contains advanced topics on surveying. So for the readers of basic to researcher this book could be good resource book full of varieties of information. The author intentionally included chapters on basic surveying to make readers more comfortable with the technical words of surveying.
As. this book is named as surveying: theory and practice, so it is obvious that it contains the basic text with application procedure of that text. This book is full of theories and application of that theory to real surveying.
The best reasons why you should have this book-
- Elementary surveying topics discussed
- Advanced surveying topics discussed on part B
- New chapters like GIS, GPS, Mapping, Digital Mapping have been included.
- Description of surveying equipment and materials included like adjustments of surveying equipment, photogrammetry
- Error propagation in surveying described theoretically and practically.
- Planning to execution method described easily in each chapter.
- Vertical, horizontal and angle measurement described in the easy text and with an example.
- Astronomy surveying included.
- Mapping, Digital Mapping etc.
- Route surveying
- Spatial Information System
- Topographic Surveying
- Construction Surveying
- Land Surveying
- Planning and Data Acquisition
- Map Projections
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Transformations
- Introduction to Vector and Matrix Algebra etc.
Get a Paperbook Copy of Surveying: Theory and Practice
You May Have the Following Useful Books
N.B: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”