Book Name: Structural Depth Practice Exams for the PE Civil Exam
Author: James Giancaspro PhD PE
ISBN-10 : 1591265533
ISBN-13 : 978-1591265535
Contents of This PE Civil(Structural Depth) Practice Exam Book
Structural Depth Practice Exams for the PE Civil Exam two practice exams consisting of 40 multiple choice questions in each. The solution to each problem is given so that you can solve the actual questions within 6 minutes timeframe of the actual structural depth PE Exam. The author’s commentary for each solved problem will help you to grasp the inner knowledge. As well as you will be able to learn shortcuts that will save your time during the PE Exam.
How this Book May help You?
- Familiarization with the actual exam-like questions is important. Therefore practicing these two question sheets will allow you to know your preparation for the exam.
- There may have many approaches to solve a specific problem. But not all of them are time-saving. You can learn the time-saving approaches for solving the multiple-choice PE exam questions.
- NCEES always adopts newer codes and practices. So, it is mandatory to know which code to be used in the exam hall. Having this book will allow you to connect questions to the relevant codes and practices. Through practicing the exam-like questions you will be able to know the details of necessary codes that will help you to find the exact answer for any specific structural depth questions.
- Will boost your confidence to solve the actual problems.
- Will let you know your strong and weak side of the study. Thus your preparation will be better and efficient.
Codes and References Used in this Book
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (ACI 530/530.1-13)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI7)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD (NDS)
- PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
- Safety and Health Regulations for Construction (OSHA 29 CFR Part 1926)
- Steel Construction Manual (AISC)
When to Solve the Practice Exams?
Based on many reviews and passed PE professionals, I would suggest you solve these problems 2 weeks before the actual exam. Just take a maximum of three days to complete the two practice exam sets of Structural Depth Practice Exams for the PE Civil Exam with the solution. Then rest of the time focus on your weak areas, revise codes and references and try to acquire some new knowledge from others. That’s it, done!!
N.B: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites