Transportation Depth Reference Manual for the PE Civil Exam
Author: Norman R. Voigt, PE PLS
Why Having Transportation Depth Reference Manual is Necessary?
Dreaming of passing PE Civil Exam in a single try? Then you should read a lot of materials, specifications mentioned and adopted by NCEES. To pass the PE Civil Exam transportation depth section, you should have a good reference book that follows the latest codes, has a lot of practice problems that are solved in steps and a clear view/idea of the question pattern, important information and a lot of fortune.
Transportation Depth Reference Manual for the PE Civil Exam, 3rd Edition is authored by a famous academic Norman R. Voigt, PE PLS and Published in September 2018. So, it needless to say that this book contains contemporary information and follows the updated syllabus of the NCEES. The book has been organized in six chapters. These six chapters improve your idea from transportation planning, economic analysis, analysis of the traffic system, geometric design procedures and traffic safety procedures.
Strengths of Transportation Depth Reference Manual-3rd Edition
- Follows the mirror codes and specifications adopted by NCEES for PE Civil Exam.
- Covers almost all of the topics required for the Transportation Depth portion of the PE Civil Exam.
- Included 25 end of chapter problems and 45 example problems. Problems are solved step by step, easy to follow and NCEES recommended solution process.
- Practice problems are exam like. Not too hard not too easy.
- Intends to teach you how to apply acquired knowledge and techniques to solve exam problems.
- Through index will help to find any topic easily on the exam day.
- The support material and references are quite good. More than 280 equations, 150 tables, 140 figures, and 35 appendices are presented.
- Transportation Depth Reference Manual for the PE Civil Exam gives you a thorough revision of the required equations, tables, figures, theories and exam-like practice problems.
- You can access this book anytime, anywhere using the e-textbook service of ppi2pass.com.
Weak Points of Transportation Depth Reference Manual-3rd Edition
- Some users mentioned that there are some errors in equations.
- Some users mentioned, there is some typo in the references. But errata can help to overcome these weak points.
- It is not a replacement for the Civil Engineering Reference Manual (CERM15) or PE Civil Reference Manual -16th edition.
Topics Covered In This Book
- Transportation Planning
- Traffic and Capacity Analysis
- Pedestrian and Mass Transit Analysis
- Geometric Design
- Transportation Construction
- Traffic Safety
- Support Material-Appendix
Question Distribution in Transportation Depth Exam of NCEES
- Traffic Engineering (Capacity Analysis and Transportation Planning)- 11 questions
- Horizontal Design- 04 Questions
- Vertical Design- 04 Design
- Intersection Geometry Design- 04 Questions
- Roadside and Cross Section Design- 04 Questions
- Signal Design- 03 Questions
- Traffic Control Design- 03 Questions
- Geotechnical and Pavement- 04 Questions
- Drainage-02 Questions
- Alternative Analysis (Economic Analysis)- 01 Questions